2018-11-08

ARTIST


My art is a homage to the beauty of life. I often practice a form of active meditation with pen and paper as a way of being in the presence of the moment.
My focus is more about what I see and experience and not about "producing art". I draw with ink mostly, sometimes with watercolour and pencil, and I've tested many brands to use lightfast ink and colour. 

Peony, ink and water, stone paper
  


Katsura in winter, pencil


Brandy and bamboo, ink and water, stone paper

Sculpturing has been on hold since 1983, but it might eventually return. I also create art from photography, from what I see, and I've written a book on drawing.

Poppy, giclee, (art print)


Nonvolvo I, giclee, art print

Occasionally I do public sketching of people on storefronts or glass walls, and invite other artists to join me. 


Store front sketching with a friend


Book on sketching

No comments: